The Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to TNRPG! We hope you will enjoy your stay!
Our rebirth is only through your continued support, thank you.

True Character Developement

Go down 
+10
Hisoka™
Jayne Kame
Elixar Takoyaiba
Tee
Auseptcyin
Gosuto
Shamisen
Banri
Judge Holden
Amatsu Qilin
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Amatsu Qilin
Otokage
Otokage
Amatsu Qilin

Number of posts : 341
Village : Otogakure
Bloodline : Uchiha
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Otogakure
Elemental Mastery:

True Character Developement Empty
PostSubject: True Character Developement   True Character Developement Empty3/12/2014, 1:07 pm

The site is a good look and I like the atmosphere the only thing I feel it is missing is something for the peeps who want to get more development out of their characters and plots. What I can applaud LR for and Temps site too while it was up was that it gave an attempt to balance the scales. Fighting is cool...farming missions is great...but for those who want to go in depth with their writing , plot , and their characters I feel their should be some incentive for them like all the other things. Skill points don't really do it in that category like the Dev tokens did. I think it would encourage people to rp vs fight, missions, fight, missions, fight etc. This is a Naruto rp so fighting is a HUGE part of it but not the only part. If something like this is in place and I missed it feel free to disregard.
Back to top Go down
Judge Holden
Banned
Banned
Judge Holden

Number of posts : 428
Village : Sunagakure no Sato
Job/hobbies : -
Bloodline : Sharingan - Tomoe 3
Registration date : 2014-02-04

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Sunagakure
Elemental Mastery: Katon

PostSubject: Re: True Character Developement   True Character Developement Empty3/12/2014, 4:14 pm

Amatsu Qilin wrote:
The site is a good look and I like the atmosphere the only thing I feel it is missing is something for the peeps who want to get more development out of their characters and plots. What I can applaud LR for and Temps site too while it was up was that it gave an attempt to balance the scales. Fighting is cool...farming missions is great...but for those who want to go in depth with their writing , plot , and their characters I feel their should be some incentive for them like all the other things. Skill points don't really do it in that category like the Dev tokens did. I think it would encourage people to rp vs fight, missions, fight, missions, fight etc. This is a Naruto rp so fighting is a HUGE part of it but not the only part. If something like this is in place and I missed it feel free to disregard.

tl;dr

Oh wait, so you want free stuff for circle jerk topics and playing with your friends and rp'ing eating noodles and shit? Sounds like a great idea. We should add no kill and private tags too. Maybe stats while we're at it.

Peanut 
Back to top Go down
Amatsu Qilin
Otokage
Otokage
Amatsu Qilin

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: True Character Developement   True Character Developement Empty3/12/2014, 4:28 pm

See, example of being illiterate ...cause obviously you can't read....Circle Jerking and eating noodles in no way develops your character. Hence the emphasis on "True" development as in rping plots that actually effect your character long term and have a weighing emphasis. I'm flexible I can combat rp and actually write...but I'm old school and rp used to be about detail, plot, writing ability etc...not who can pile the most jutsu up or spam the most missions. How is it free sir/maam, as it takes more creative energy and time to come up with a relevant plot that effects your character VS figuring out 12 different ways to catch Miss Mables Cat doing C-Ranked missions. Anywho...I don't mind criticism as this is an open topic but I'd appreciate it if we kept it constructive. Thank you sir/maam.
Back to top Go down
Judge Holden
Banned
Banned
Judge Holden

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:

PostSubject: Re: True Character Developement   True Character Developement Empty3/12/2014, 5:18 pm

Amatsu Qilin wrote:
See, example of being illiterate ... *cause obviously you can't read....Circle Jerking and eating noodles in no way develops your character. Hence the emphasis on "True" development as in rping plots that actually **effect your character long term and have a weighing emphasis. I'm flexible I can combat rp and actually write...but I'm old school and rp used to be about detail, plot, writing ability etc...not who can pile the most jutsu up or spam the most missions. How is it free sir/***maam, as it takes more creative energy and time to come up with a relevant plot that ****effects your character VS figuring out 12 different ways to catch Miss Mables Cat doing C-Ranked missions. Anywho...I don't mind criticism as this is an open topic but I'd appreciate it if we kept it constructive. Thank you sir/*****maam.

*because **affect ***ma'am ****affects *****ma'am

So, illiteracy, run on sentences, scattered grammatical errors, and supposed writing skill aside, this idea is still stupid. Would you like to know why?

True Character Developement D4b4e910

That, and you, amongst others, are inevitably going to try to BS your way into getting free stuff simply because your character no longer likes steak or something. I maintain my (correct) view that this is just a way to get stuff that you cannot otherwise buy with NP. The skill system already gives enough things; people come here to rp, and you just defined rp'ing. Good job. It's like if a wide receiver asks for a pay raise every time he catches the ball.

Seriously though, stats anyone? (:
Back to top Go down
Amatsu Qilin
Otokage
Otokage
Amatsu Qilin

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: True Character Developement   True Character Developement Empty3/12/2014, 6:13 pm

Ummmm grammatical errors and illiteracy are two different things....I'm just saying.

You can get np by role playing ....it's called a mission. But instead of farming missions we can take a bigger, more creative approach that actually developes our character.

Where did I describe rp again? Anywho, people also come here to do missions, post, join villages, play ninja and they get np for that....so ummm wouldn't you say we already pay the wide reciever?

Why you mad though? You took it real personal when I mentioned words like PLOT and DISCRIPTION. You need some help with that? Cause dudes don't get agitated over things like that unless they are lacking.
Back to top Go down
Banri
Jounin
Jounin

Number of posts : 120
Village : Kirigakure
Bloodline : N/A
Registration date : 2014-02-12

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Kirigakure
Elemental Mastery: Water & Lightning

PostSubject: Re: True Character Developement   True Character Developement Empty3/12/2014, 6:40 pm

I can't speak for everyone, but personally, I like where Qilin is going with this. I don't see why "†" acts so wound up about all this, but even if I did see why, there is really no need for such trashtalking. Let's just keep it civil.

The way things are right now, the site is pretty focussed on farming NP and waging war, which is fine on its own. Thing is, once you take your time to invest in your character, everyone around you grows really strong really fast and eventually kills you, since everything is open and death enabled. Some people like it this way. But I, for one, came to roleplaying sites to practice all aspects of writing, including character development.

I think it wouldn't be less than fair to either throw people who like to invest in character development a bone of some sort to prevent them from being overpowered by the first genin they meet, or to keep them safe from killing and invading untill they choose to risk their necks themselves.

Back to top Go down
Judge Holden
Banned
Banned
Judge Holden

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:

PostSubject: Re: True Character Developement   True Character Developement Empty3/12/2014, 7:06 pm

True Character Developement 39c
Back to top Go down
Shamisen
Genin
Genin
Shamisen

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2014-03-03

Ninja Profile
Jutsus: Sharingan
Alliegance: Iwagakure

PostSubject: Re: True Character Developement   True Character Developement Empty3/12/2014, 9:22 pm

I don't understand why this was handled so childishly. Someone's expressing an idea and a member's immediate response is to berate them.
Back to top Go down
Judge Holden
Banned
Banned
Judge Holden

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:

PostSubject: Re: True Character Developement   True Character Developement Empty3/12/2014, 9:41 pm

Shamisen wrote:
I don't understand why this was handled so childishly. Someone's expressing an idea and a member's immediate response is to berate them.

Is that a question?
Back to top Go down
Shamisen
Genin
Genin
Shamisen

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2014-03-03

Ninja Profile
Jutsus: Sharingan
Alliegance: Iwagakure

PostSubject: Re: True Character Developement   True Character Developement Empty3/12/2014, 10:04 pm

Usually a question mark signifies that.
Back to top Go down
Judge Holden
Banned
Banned
Judge Holden

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:

PostSubject: Re: True Character Developement   True Character Developement Empty3/12/2014, 10:47 pm

So what was it then?
Back to top Go down
Gosuto
Genin
Genin
Gosuto

Number of posts : 46
Village : Kirigakure
Bloodline : N/A
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: True Character Developement   True Character Developement Empty3/12/2014, 11:05 pm

A statement of disbelief, is what I believe it to be. This is why I run windows and not silly Apple products, Mac(k)s are trolls.
Back to top Go down
Judge Holden
Banned
Banned
Judge Holden

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:

PostSubject: Re: True Character Developement   True Character Developement Empty3/12/2014, 11:27 pm

Lolwut?

True Character Developement 20197622
Back to top Go down
Auseptcyin

Auseptcyin

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2014-02-28

PostSubject: Re: True Character Developement   True Character Developement Empty3/12/2014, 11:50 pm

The amount of toxicity you manage to inject into things astounds me sometimes Mack, it really does. You'd think I'd learn after all this time, but noooooo.

On a more upbeat note, I feel its rather a nice idea. Although it would be slightly more difficult to implement with the Ninja Skill system already operational, and frankly being able to 'farm up' Skill Points is probably not terribly desirable. It'd depend on how heavily we watched the usage of the Development System. Overall however, a bit more emphasis on interpersonal plot is always nice.
Back to top Go down
Tee
Banned
Banned
Tee

Number of posts : 723
Village : Akatsuki
Bloodline : Senju
Registration date : 2014-03-01

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Akatsuki
Elemental Mastery: Doton/Suiton/Mokuton

PostSubject: Re: True Character Developement   True Character Developement Empty3/13/2014, 8:23 am

I like the idea however I don't really want to do it exactly the way LR did it if it was implemented because It would be nice for here to have their own unique and different systems as opposed to just yanking things from LR. The character development would be monitored and have to be approved by staff anyway so there would be no steak changing cd as you guys say or simple little things it would be real and true cd that actually affects and changes your character in a big way somehow.

Also keep the immaturity and hate out of the topic constructive criticism is fine but there is a fine line between criticism and hate/immaturity.

But anyway perhaps further along the lines it will be brought to the attention to the higher UPS however as of currently in sure its not first in the agenda with the event coming up and ish.
Back to top Go down
Elixar Takoyaiba
Jounin
Jounin
Elixar Takoyaiba

Number of posts : 440
Village : Kumogakure
Bloodline : Takoyaiba (Yotsuki)
Registration date : 2009-12-22

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Kumogakure
Elemental Mastery: Lightning, Water, Storm

PostSubject: Re: True Character Developement   True Character Developement Empty3/13/2014, 2:08 pm

I'm on board with it, but things like this will likely be revised after the IOOC event has ended. As it has the most bonuses atm, its encouraging that if you want a reward for RPing atm, go to that for now, and everything else will get worked out in terms of NP gain etc.

Sadly, like the beginning of any RPG. FARM FARM FARM.
Back to top Go down
Amatsu Qilin
Otokage
Otokage
Amatsu Qilin

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: True Character Developement   True Character Developement Empty3/13/2014, 3:07 pm

Aus I was thinking more along the lines of the PAC system but modified so it doesn't need so much staff maintenance. You take the core attributes of roleplay. Length, plot, quality of writing, and whatever else just cap it off at 4 categories. Each category you can get 1-25 or 1-30 np. 25-30 np being the pinnacle of rp greatness in that area and a 1 meaning you should probably never rp again...at least not publicly. There should be hardly any instances when someone gets a perfect score on any topic. So a plot topic should be around 70-80 np not as much as say an A rank mission but worth pursuing development.
Back to top Go down
Tee
Banned
Banned
Tee

Number of posts : 723
Village : Akatsuki
Bloodline : Senju
Registration date : 2014-03-01

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Akatsuki
Elemental Mastery: Doton/Suiton/Mokuton

PostSubject: Re: True Character Developement   True Character Developement Empty3/13/2014, 3:14 pm

I'm not all that fond of that system at all, I've experienced it and not a big fan of it, its not a clear cut and definite way of defining it as technically its based off of opinion seeing as from what I've seen categories can include one grammar, when some people purposely RP with grammatical errors or slang it affects that, usually a category for uniqueness and others which is the opinion of the person who checks it or the person who writes it. I may think something rper A typed is garbage and he may think its God's writing. But that's ny personal opinion on that system.

Back to top Go down
Judge Holden
Banned
Banned
Judge Holden

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:

PostSubject: Re: True Character Developement   True Character Developement Empty3/13/2014, 4:04 pm

Elixar Takoyaiba wrote:
FARM FARM FARM.

Peanut 

Someone gets it. Pretty much sums up the entire idea.

/thread
Back to top Go down
Jayne Kame
Jin
Jin
Jayne Kame

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2014-02-17

PostSubject: Re: True Character Developement   True Character Developement Empty3/13/2014, 7:06 pm

Yeah I'm down to get away from farming and more towards an organic system like this.
Back to top Go down
Judge Holden
Banned
Banned
Judge Holden

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:

PostSubject: Re: True Character Developement   True Character Developement Empty3/13/2014, 9:07 pm

Jayne Kame wrote:
Yeah I'm down to get away from farming and more towards an organic system like this.

>Organic

So you admit this idea is farming as well?
Back to top Go down
Auseptcyin

Auseptcyin

Registration date : 2014-02-28

PostSubject: Re: True Character Developement   True Character Developement Empty3/13/2014, 9:43 pm

See, in an ideal world, we'd be able to submit that sort of thing to a peer review system. Lets say a group of three people read through the threads submitted for this plot thing and decide on an outcome depending on how much they felt the character progressed and the overall 'epicness' of the plot itself. But that shit wouldn't fly, people will dispute those judgements. Thats why the PAC system is good, it has a transparency and a chain of reasoning so that a decision actually makes more sense. It removes the objectivity from it, so to speak. But that stuff was better used for Ninja Points/Exp.

I'd prefer this system to not be focused on the writing to the same degree. But the /plot/ itself. I'd expect a minimum quality for this to be considered readable- but the odd typo and run on sentence would be acceptable. This isn't going to be /published/.

Alternate ideas: Plot/Thread of The Season/Month. The title basically says it all. The details themselves are actually fairly sketchy for this, but peer review is definitely the best way as far as I can tell. Could be so that you can't suggest a thread you yourself are in, or w/e to encourage people to read around a little more- idc. In essence you can choose one thing to 'vote' for and bring it up. Or not, I've never actually liked the OTM stuffies- seems to give more competition then there actually needs to be.

If a three man review panel would be possible thou, I'd take that option. The dream team would probably be Emman, Bobby, Empty Tree, Geno, maybe someone from the Big Four? Mugen possibly. The criteria are for people who are in good standing in the sites eyes (so that they won't be questioned for their decisions), capable RPers and people who have an appreciation for a good 'story'. Err, I mentioned more then three because obviously a conflict of interest shouldn't be allowed.

BTW, I think Jayne's word could be substituted with 'dynamic' as far as meaning goes. The only way you'd be able to farm a system like this ideally is by being active and having lots of threads going. Just playing a quality game in other words.
Back to top Go down
Judge Holden
Banned
Banned
Judge Holden

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:

PostSubject: Re: True Character Developement   True Character Developement Empty3/13/2014, 9:46 pm

Back to top Go down
Jayne Kame
Jin
Jin
Jayne Kame

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2014-02-17

PostSubject: Re: True Character Developement   True Character Developement Empty3/13/2014, 10:38 pm

† wrote:
Jayne Kame wrote:

>Organic

So you admit this idea is farming as well?

Holy shit so I was high but this made me laugh the hardest out of all your trolls.

----------------------------------------------------

Alright so I gotta go with Ausbergers on the PAC system, now while I believe it would be good to have the best of the best on it. It may be better to have a system that the 'average modder' could do. Now I can make that system if people care, but thats just where my vote would go.
Back to top Go down
Hisoka™
Genin
Genin
Hisoka™

Village : Takigakure
Registration date : 2014-03-14

PostSubject: Re: True Character Developement   True Character Developement Empty3/19/2014, 8:29 pm

I actually like the idea and was surprised when i joined to not already see some sort of development based system. Maybe its just me, but the whole farming missions and killing people in the process is only 1/3rd of what RP is actually about. But ya know, i wont express strong belief in this idea cuz i dont wanna get yelled at qq
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: True Character Developement   True Character Developement Empty

Back to top Go down

True Character Developement
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next