The Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to TNRPG! We hope you will enjoy your stay!
Our rebirth is only through your continued support, thank you.

Earthbound Showdown

Go down 
+2
Judge Holden
Hayato
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hayato
Genin
Genin
Hayato

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2014-03-19

Earthbound Showdown Empty
PostSubject: Earthbound Showdown   Earthbound Showdown Empty3/25/2014, 11:35 am

Earthbound Showdown Rough%20fescue%20grassland%20in%20landscape
Wind blew through the air as the clouds raced across the sky. Hayato and his brother, Gambaldi walked through the grassy fields about four meters apart from each other. The two hadn't said much to each other during their travels. They had both learned much over the years ranging from weapon training all the way to usage of chakra. They had honed their abilities, graduated the ninja academy together, and become Genin. Hayato was wearing his Oto headband over his forehead proudly, had his own custom sword sheathed and strapped to his back, and his arm braces were tightly fastened around his forearms.

As the two walked, they noticed distant mountains barely visible on the horizon. The area around them was covered in grass and stretched out many miles with a completely flat surface, perfect for running in a straight line. There were no lakes or puddles nearby, no bodies of water at all, in fact. Hayato decided to take a break from the journey and take a seat on the grass, still at least four meters from his brother, keeping his eyes on the surrounding area just in case anything unexpected happened...
Back to top Go down
Judge Holden
Banned
Banned
Judge Holden

Number of posts : 428
Village : Sunagakure no Sato
Job/hobbies : -
Bloodline : Sharingan - Tomoe 3
Registration date : 2014-02-04

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Sunagakure
Elemental Mastery: Katon

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Showdown   Earthbound Showdown Empty3/25/2014, 2:53 pm

[Other guy has to post before I do. Technically you're not supposed to place someone for them, but idgaf. The other guy still needs to post his location and all that shit though. I'll post after he puts his up.]
Back to top Go down
Judge Holden
Banned
Banned
Judge Holden

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Showdown   Earthbound Showdown Empty3/25/2014, 6:31 pm

[Okay, since Gembildo refuses to post, I'll just assume that he is where Hayato stated him to be. He can still reply and react to my attack and shit. It's not like his opening post will make a difference, as settings and locations are set, reicht? I'm also pretty sure Hayato and Gimbalda are the same person, sooo.]

Ten meters behind the backs of the two unwitting boys, a ruthless predator stalks with the utmost stealth. Trained in the ways of ninja, he takes care not to rustle a single blade of grass or crack a lone twig, for the principles of soundless pursuit have long been instilled within the heart of the warrior. Boone Helm follows in the wake of the boys, trailing them in their northward trek. How long he has been following cannot be revealed, for it is unknown, but the duo has remained completely oblivious to its stalker, for neither boy has turned his head back once.

Boone remains in this location as one of the boys takes a seat on the grass, thus opening him up to an ideal attack from behind. The grass, soft, green, and a mere three inches in height, yields no sound as Boone continues onwards, walking over the grass as opposed to wallowing through it. This manner of walking, as Boone has been taught, ensures that no rustling is generated; not that the short and lively grass can produce much noise anyway. With one boy now sitting on his rear end, his legs outstretched before him, and his brother four meters to his right and facing the same direction, both are rendered vulnerable to an attack from Boone. Seeing that the gunslinger has made no noise, the south-blowing wind louder than any audible sound that he has made, coupled with Boone's location behind the boys' backs, such that they cannot see him even in their peripheral vision, the two cannot possibly be aware of his presence.

As soon as the one called Hayato's buttocks touch the grass, and he assumes a seated position, Boone noiselessly withdraws two foldable fūma shuriken from pouches strapped to his waist, holding one in each hand. Smoothly, also absent any sound, he unfolds the broad shuriken within each hand just as they are withdrawn, wasting no time. The flourishing of the oddly shaped blades reveals a single explosive tag in the center of each. A mere instant after the boy has taken a seat, Boone hums each shuriken outwards like large, deadly frisbees, each on a different, yet equally lethal course. One of the two shuriken flies on a rigid path which carries it towards the neck of the rightmost boy, on a track to decapitate him, while the other shuriken mirrors this path, though on the left and aimed downwards, carrying it towards the seated left boy's neck. Due to the flawless design of the weapons, neither makes a trace of a sound as they both slice through the air in unison, their perfectly aerodynamic design cutting through any and all wind resistance. These actions occur the instant the boy is seated, and the shuriken enclose upon their respective targets with great speed, surely arriving at their destinations within a fraction of a moment.

Unluckily for the boys, this simple maneuver with the shuriken should be the least of their concerns. The second the shuriken leave his grasp, Boone's hands swiftly meet in the formation of the ram seal, and he appears to teleport to a point seven meters before the eyes of both boys; he is now located directly between and in front of each of them. In actuality, usage of the body flicker technique simply allows Boone to move before the two with such speed that one would assume teleportation. Due to this immense speed granted by the fundamental technique, at the moment Boone appears before the boys, the shuriken are still only beginning on their brief courses. The puff of smoke and audible poof generated with Boone's appearance surely serve to distract the couple, for the area was previously silent as a ghost, save for the gentle blow of the wind, but the sudden, flashy appearance certainly draws their eyes and attention towards it. The maneuver which occurred behind them, as well as the travel of the pair of shuriken, made no noise whatsoever, and thus, even before the kiddies had no reason to look behind them, but this reason to look in front of them assures that they do not look back and see his shuriken. During his relocation, of course, Boone is sure not to step on any twig, pebble, or obstacle of any size with his sensitive bare feet.

Acting instantaneously upon his appearance, the very moment that he appears in front of the young genin, Boone executes a swift series of five brief hand seals, which likely ends just as the smoke fully clears. These hand seals are sure to draw the attention of the young ninja, for they are the precursor to an attack, but, seeing that Boone has the element of surprise, the series is likely completed before the boys even have a chance to register what is happening. Now, during this time in which Boone stands in front of the children, should either shuriken reach a point within one meter of its respective target, which likely occurs very soon after the hand seals, the swift formation of a single hand seal detonates the tag on this shuriken located as such, thus surely ending the life of whichever boy it was aimed for. Right after the series of hand seals, both boys should see trees emerging from the ground beneath them, and, should all go according to perfection and Boone's maneuvers go unhindered, a flexible tree apparently emerges with great speed and precision as to bind the limbs of both boys and render them immobile. Unless some sort of miracle saves them, this tree appears to constrict them thoroughly, prohibiting the movement of a single muscle before either one can react in any way. The paralyzation of the boys allows for no fluctuation in movement or positioning as the shuriken behind them continue on their paths, and thus they will die should this occur.

At any time, should either boy turn around for any reason before Boone has the chance to bind them, a razor-like thread of chakra emerges from each of Boone's ten fingertips. Ten threads in total, each spins with great speed as all of them rapidly advance upon the boys, thus creating a wall of spinning razor threads. Each spins in complete three hundred and sixty degree cycle, at speeds so great that it appears to be an ethereal blue blur, and the combination of these ten spinning circles creates a blue wall. Each thread expands its maximum distance, but uses ten meters of its twenty meter potential to provide length for its expansion forwards. The remaining ten meters goes into creating the blue wall of death. Combining these circles into a wall, the expanse of the attack spans for at the very least a few meters beyond the side of each boy. Using its ten meters of leeway, the spinning razor wall leaps ten meters forwards from Boone's location in front of the boys with immense speed, as it is comprised solely of threadlike chakra. Now, of course, this maneuver need only occur should one of the boys turn around and behold the shuriken. Doing such a thing would obviously place Boone in their blind spot rather than the shuriken, and thus rendering sight of the advancing wall an impossibility, and ensuring their deaths.

It needn't even be stated, as common sense dictates so, neither boy has the slightest reason to turn around before Boone throws his shuriken, nor after he throws them; doing so would be metagaming on the part of their narrator, of course. After the shuriken take flight, due to the layering of lethal attacks and the complex web of strategy interlocking them and barring any possible escape, the fate of the boys is pretty much sealed.
Back to top Go down
Gambaldi
Genin
Genin
Gambaldi

Number of posts : 51
Village : Otogakure
Job/hobbies : Hip Hop Head
Bloodline : N/A

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Showdown   Earthbound Showdown Empty3/25/2014, 10:22 pm

[Im fuzzy on the rules, but Im sure until I post you cannot assume anything unless the waiting time passes. But for the sake of time, lets just say I am where Hayato stated I was. Also, Hayato states in his post that he is on look out, sooo. I will pick up from there...kinda.]

The wind offered its gentle breeze as the two brothers entered the vast grassy area. The grass itself was low and not a single rock, log, or sign post were around, it almost seemed intentional that this area was so spotless. The sun offered warmth from behind them casting a shadow in front of the brothers. The day seemed promising indeed. Gambaldi had chosen to remained silent during this trip, mostly because he nothing to say and for the simple fact that ambushes were known to frequent the area. That was the reason he had come here in the first place, though. He was eager to prove his strength and skill as a shinobi. However, he had told his younger brother this was only a simple trip to just outside the village borders. Gambaldi could have easily told Hayato the truth, but it amused him to annoy his brother in such a manner.

As they moved more out into the clearing, Gambaldi was aware of how open the two were from all directions. It was best, however, for him to appear oblivious to his surrounding thus making the bait look all the more appealling. His eyes remained ahead of him as he scanned the frontal area for any movement, though he made it seem as if he were taking in the scenery. At the exact same time his brother began to take a seat on the grass and began looking around the area. Gambaldi smirked, though his eyes never left his original task. He had no reason to look behind him, as was the habit when his brother was with him. Gambaldi knew Hayato would always watch his back, and he had faith in his brothers skills to do so. Suddenly, Gambaldi would catch movement running past Hayato and himself out the corner of his left eye, coming up the center. Bingo, he thought as he weaved a single hand sign, a ram.

There would be no hesitation, in his movements since he already had a plan in case of an ambush. Which was, kill the enemy before they can get a chance to finish getting in position. The instant the foe stopped, Gambaldi was already moving at high speeds, so fast it seemed as if he teleported, to catch his foe unawares. He appeared swiftly and quietly behind the ambusher and immediately unleashed a quick-draw slash with his katana in his right hand, aiming to cut off the attackers head in one go with a swift horizontal swing. The swing would offer no sound for the enemy to hear, no shadow to be seen, only the attack itself and the blood that was soon to follow. The timing of the attack would be just as the ambusher began weaving the first handsign, after stopping in front of the brothers. Only during his attack did Gambaldi notice projectiles coming to where he was a mere second ago and to his brother's position.

Clever bastard, he thought with a smirk. Rather than assume this was the end, Gambaldi maintained his awareness in case someone else decided to make a move.
Back to top Go down
Hayato
Genin
Genin
Hayato

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Showdown   Earthbound Showdown Empty3/26/2014, 12:05 am

OOC:
As Hayato's butt made contact with the grass, he began to look around the area and noticed a strange man unfolding fuma shuriken and immediately sunk under the ground by using Earth Release: Hiding Like a Mole Technique; which changed the earth directly under Hayato into fine sand by channelling chakra into it and sunk his body into it, due to his sitting position. This technique (according to the staff I have asked) does not require hand seals, thus could be used at any time. Instantaneously after sinking into the ground, Hayato returned the ground into its original state, leaving no trace of where the teen had entered the earth. Even if he hadn't noticed the man from watching the area, he would've been able to track the body flicker used after throwing the fuma shuriken and reacted exactly the same way. Thus, not at all a metagame by the narrator, of course.

After sinking underground, Hayato gained the ability to pinpoint where Gambaldi and this strange man currently were located, despite being underground, by sensing the magnetic forces. He was also able to sense what was happening on the surface. This was a useful trick, as he could use that information to launch a surprise attack on the enemy. But before that, he would have to sense what was happening on the surface of the battlefield and observe from below.

Hayato simply remained underground until he decided it was time to resurface the battlefield, in the mean time he decided to weave hand seals for a tactic that would spawn two crow clones underground with the original Hayato.  The warrior made sure to hide deep in the ground the exact moment he sunk into the ground, escaping to a depth where the enemy couldn't reach, approximately eight meters deep, his clones were about six meters deep.

Hayato: 125/140
Back to top Go down
Judge Holden
Banned
Banned
Judge Holden

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Showdown   Earthbound Showdown Empty3/26/2014, 7:55 am

Lolno. You never stated turning your head or looking behind you, so I said you never did. It is common sense. And even with your reply, at least two of my other attacks still hit you, so I'll call hits now.

Also, hiding like a mole is C-rank, and thus if hand seals are not stated on the wiki, it requires 5 seals, leaving you to get rekt by everything else I did. Though, since you never stated hand seals, that is void and you are dead. Baibai.

As for gimbeldo, he stated that he was looking ahead of him, yet he somehow saw me behind him put of the corner of his eye? Lolwut. You can't see my body flicker anyways, as that is the point of the attack, for you not to be able to trace the speed. Only something like second tomoe sharingan can pick up on that. He also completely neglected to mention any of my other attacks, such as the genjutsu and razor wall, and thus he is also dead.

I won't bother to point out the other immense errors in timeline and logic in either post, as I can void them and call hits with these simple points.

Kay, so it's pretty clear that I won, but if you want to bitch about it, ask anyone else with half a brain and they will say the same thing. Thank you.

Peanut
Back to top Go down
Gambaldi
Genin
Genin
Gambaldi

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Showdown   Earthbound Showdown Empty3/26/2014, 1:53 pm

[Lol someone appears to be flustered.

First off chill out dude, its just a rp. Rather than spazzing out cause you got outplayed, pay attention to what is going on in posts. Ive already asked about if a weapon specialty type is able to track body flicker, I was told yes. Since you did not specify how you body flickered to your position, I could only conclude you ran up the center. Thus allowing me to catch your movement.

If we speak of awareness, I provided a logical reason as to why in my first paragraph. Also you will find that being cautious and aware is apart of my characters personality. Your assumption and subtle g-modding went completely against my characters nature. To add to this you took it upon yourself to post out of turn before 48hrs had even passed, as an attempt to force my character into what you wished he would do. You jumping the gun because I couldn't post fast enough for you, is your own fault.

However, if I was misinformed about how I can track body flicker because i have weaponry- specialty and if we are allowed to control the reactions of other characters in the method inwhich you did, then I will take the lose. No problem.

Otherwise, since you actually can't track body flicker (never stating your sharigan was activated not even a hint to eyes being red), Im naturally faster than you, using Iaido to cleave off your head (which is made to be fast enough to interrupt hand weaving), and catching while your in the middle of a series of handsigns. Not making a sound might I add (just like you Cool ). With no reason to think that you would be caught, based on your own words in your post, one might think you'd be rather shocked or completely unaware. We will see what the staff thinks, though.

Btw, your post was still dope. Might have to borrow that trick one day.]
Back to top Go down
Hayato
Genin
Genin
Hayato

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Showdown   Earthbound Showdown Empty3/26/2014, 2:10 pm

[Bro, you saying I never looked behind myself while scoping out the surrounding area is godmodding like a mofo lol. I can look in any direction I damn well please while looking around. I saw you from the moment you began to unfold your fuma and immediately went underground, so you didn't hit me with shit.

Also, Ataku told me that my jutsu required no hand seals, so I am going off of what the staff of this site has told me in regards to the usage of my technique.

But I do agree with Gam in regards of your post being a badass tactic, good shit]
Back to top Go down
Judge Holden
Banned
Banned
Judge Holden

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Showdown   Earthbound Showdown Empty3/26/2014, 3:30 pm

You may be able to track body flicker, but reacting is a different matter, I'm afraid. You still never reacted to my genjutsu, nor did you state the direction in which you moved which would take you out of the line of my shuriken, nor did you react to the wall. The timeline is skewed, and your speed is still that of one with no skill in taijutsu. In the end, your post still has numerous other errors, all which lead to your death. I will not get into it, as the post would be 2,000 words at least, and. I've already stated the grounds on which my hit is called. Also, it was not a trick to be borrowed, but an rp post.

And lol, read the ninjutsu rules rules pal, Ataku is pretty stupid and not read-up himself. Hiding Like a Mole most certainly requires hand seals. And you never stated turning around in your post, thus I interpreted scoping the area out as scanning the ground ahead of you. Nowhere in this phrase is it implied that one must look behind them. This is why you should be more specific in your posts; it is also why you are but fodder.

Like I said, these are simply the basic points which allow my hit to be called, but if you want to continue to bitch, I would be happy to start working on a 2k+ word post dissecting your follies one by one. Thank you.

Oh, and Earthbound Showdown 64240712
Back to top Go down
Gambaldi
Genin
Genin
Gambaldi

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Showdown   Earthbound Showdown Empty3/26/2014, 4:09 pm

Theres hardly reason to mention a genjutsu when I attacked before it happened. You weren't allowed to finish by my response and again, you cannot tell me how my character will respond to fit your means. By all rights you have lost. So until someone presides over this issue it remains unsettled. I suggest you post your 2000 words because as it stands your argument is weak and a little g-moddish.
Back to top Go down
Judge Holden
Banned
Banned
Judge Holden

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Showdown   Earthbound Showdown Empty3/26/2014, 4:57 pm

Seeing that you refuse to accept your blatant defeat, I suppose I will delve into some of the other errors of your post; I'll do this just to make things a bit more clear for you. For obvious reasons, Hayato is already dead and out of the picture, so let us leave him out of it, and I will now focus on your post alone. So, you  state seeing me out of the corner of your eye, moving far faster than you are capable of might I add, as we are equal in speed, and you somehow know exactly where to body flicker to at what exact moment in time to intercept me? Sure, you can track the speeds, but you cannot magically predict where I might end up, that's just silly. Thus, you'd only know where to move to after I stopped, and thus only then could you form your hand seal and body flicker to a point behind me. Though, in your post, you state performing the hand seal as you see me, and that you are already body flickering by the time I stop. Again, that's silly. You cannot somehow predict where I will end up, and move to that exact spot. Body flicker is used for a single motion to a predetermined location, boosting your speed for this single movement from point x to point y. You cannot go "hurr I'll body flicker now then just move to wherever he goes while still in the body flicker". So, you'd only ever be able to do shit by the time I stopped; that is my first point. So, by the time I stopped, then and only then would you have reason or knowledge to body flicker and attempt to perform your stated maneuver. Going off of this, the second I stop I state that I am already performing hand seals - literally the very instant that I come to a halt. It is stated in the specialty system that a ninjutsu sub-specialist can complete a series of up to 3 hand seals before a punch can even be thrown, which I would assume is roughly the time it takes to form a single hand seal. In a punch, one simply extends their arms forwards, in a hand seal, one simply moves their arms and puts their hands together. So, by the time you even form the first hand seal, I'd have three done, and thus by the time you ended up behind me and were drawing your sword, the series would most likely be done. As you possess no skill in ninjutsu, it is possible that I would even be able to form the whole series before you could muster up one hand seal. This information can be found in the specialty system. Thus, before your blade would even be able to come up and decapitate me, you would be bound by paralysis. Not to mention, at the point at which I stop, seeing that I am a weaponry sub-specialist and thus I, presumably,  throw weapons with moderate speed, the fuma shuriken would most likely be very close to you, as it was only thrown from 10 meters away. By the time you even form your hand seal, or have time to sum up the situation and react accordingly, as your body does not automatically act and auto-jutsu and instantaneously formulate your strategy - probably a time lag of around a second - it is more than likely that the shuriken thrown from behind you would be a meter behind you,  at which point it is stated that Boone forms a single hand seal to detonate it and kill you. Though, even if it were a bit further away, I'd say 4 meters at the very most, the second Boone would see you forming a hand seal, he could form a much swifter one of his own and detonate the tag, thus killing you before you  do anything. I could simply do  this in another post, but I feel as though  you are already dead in the one that I posted. Not to mention that Boone can easily track body flicker speeds with the sharingan, and even predict the formation of your hand seal before it happens, and thus would probably do this in the next post. Though, for reasons I have stated above, I am quite sure you are already dead. Your timeline is flawed and unrealistic, and you act almost as if you had foreknowledge of the attack, and that shinobi react instantaneously. Having the element of surprise, Boone would appear in front of you and stop, at which point you might be able to judge the location and then body flicker, which, including the hand seal and the reaction time given the element of surprise and catching you off guard, might take two seconds or so. At this point, I believe that it is safe to say that you'd be fucked, according to the timing of my genjutsu and the throw of the shuriken. Due to the many errors in your timeline, I maintain that my attack lands and kills you. Feel free to get other opinions on this, and if enough people express disagreement, then I guess I'll just kill you in my next post. I see that you're trying to claim I'm already dead too, lul, but this debate is simply about whether or not you are already dead. Should you be deemed still alive, I'd just post again, as I'd get a post after the attack. So, as of now, Hayato is out of the picture, and I believe you are too, but we shall wait. If you still need me to bring to light yet more errors in your post, I'd be happy to, though, I believe I have provided sufficient evidence at this point.
Back to top Go down
Gambaldi
Genin
Genin
Gambaldi

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Showdown   Earthbound Showdown Empty3/26/2014, 6:57 pm

Quote :
So, you state seeing me out of the corner of your eye, moving far faster than you are capable of might I add, as we are equal in speed, and you somehow know exactly where to body flicker to at what exact moment in time to intercept me? Sure, you can track the speeds, but you cannot magically predict where I might end up, that's just silly.

First off, as I already stated I spotted your movement. Since we have established the speed of this jutsu, we can agree it takes no time to move since you covered 17 meters (since you started 10 meters behind us the moved forward so that you were now 7 meters in front of us. If I am able to track movements then I see no reason why I wouldnt immediately notice where you stopped. The moment you stopped I move which as I said would have been during hand signs and we both know, I hope, how Iaido works. My character came with an awareness that an attack would be likely, he even hoped for it. So responding immediately fits into his way of thinking. Your genjutsu was not acknowledged because of this, technically if you continue to weave your dead. There is also that fact you cant keep up with flicker, so you would not know where I was. And since your characters superior attitude was on full Gansta mode, would he even think to believe he just got outmanuever? Theres a thought. In terms of natural speed, I have that on you since my weaponry isnt sub its specialty. The fact I expected an attack, caught you while you were making your move, and capitalized on it; seems legit based on what I was told, because I did ask.

Quote :
Though, in your post, you state performing the hand seal as you see me, and that you are already body flickering by the time I stop. Again, that's silly. You cannot somehow predict where I will end up, and move to that exact spot. Body flicker is used for a single motion to a predetermined location, boosting your speed for this single movement from point x to point y. You cannot go "hurr I'll body flicker now then just move to wherever he goes while still in the body flicker". So, you'd only ever be able to do shit by the time I stopped; that is my first point. So, by the time I stopped, then and only then would you have reason or knowledge to body flicker and attempt to perform your stated maneuver.
Again, you cannot control how my character will react. Naturally in a area known for ambush attacks, I would be on full alert. Since you ran your happy ass up the middle, I caught that movement and hand sign. This goes along with my characters personality as well, to be cautious and aware (Broken record at this point). So when you stopped, and I mean the moment you stop, I moved in for the kill. Get it? Seal already made by the time you stopped and I moved behind you. Your flipping a single word when the meaning is obvious.

Quote :
The instant the foe stopped, Gambaldi was already moving at high speeds, so fast it seemed as if he teleported, to catch his foe unawares.
To better explain my attack, because I could by your post your a word manip., I stated "The instant the foe stopped" meaning no move was made until you stopped and since I tracked you aftered running up the center, I would know when that happens and in the same instant I would be moving. The word "already" explaining that in terms of an outside visual (from you and any smuck looking IC), I would already be gone.

Your whole post was based on my character being distracted. Guess what, homie? He wasn't and unless you have a way to get out of being attack without even knowing it was coming, your done.
Back to top Go down
Judge Holden
Banned
Banned
Judge Holden

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Showdown   Earthbound Showdown Empty3/26/2014, 7:09 pm

Lolno. You clearly don't see what I'm saying. It's quite simple really. You formed your hand seal before I stopped moving, which is just silly, as this would assume you knew where I was going to stop. Like I said, you can see my movements, but you cannot predict where I am going to stop, and thus it is entirely illogical for you to perform your body flicker before I even stop. A jutsu is performed when its hand seals are completed, and you stated that you formed the hand seal before I stopped moving - which your hand seal speed is not even fast enough to do, but I digress - and thus you would be performing body flicker before I stopped. There is a difference between tracking speed and being able to literally foretell right where I am going to stop. The only logical way for this to be done would be for you to already see where I stop, and then form the hand seal and body flicker. What you did is metagaming, plain and simple. Like I said, you don't just body flicker, then change direction based on where I go. It's one movement taking you from point A, to point B, thus the only way it would ever work would be for you to do it after I already stop. If you read the argument above about my hand seals, you can clearly see that if you attempt to body flicker after I stop, even the instant that I stop, according to the specialty system and such, the seals would be completed and the genjutsu would be in effect before you could even hit me with your sword. Though, your entire attack would be voided for metagaming knowledge of my location anyways; that is my proposed solution. I'll say it again: you have no way of knowing where I'm going to stop,  and that it is 7 meters in front of you. And lel, nobody, no matter how prepared, instantly reacts like a robot to a spontaneous situation out of nowhere. For all your character knew, he was alone in the field and there was nobody around; some guy suddenly appearing out of nowhere would certainly snatch the element of surprise. Everything requires a reaction time anyways, but that isn't the point. Simply seeing somebody running past you, a good two meters from you, doesn't immediately cause you to somehow know to auto-body flicker without even knowing where that person will end up. Like I said, the timeline of your post is fucked up, and I see no way in which it is logical, nor do I see a way in which you emerge alive.

Oh, and just to clarify, a weaponry specialty determines the speed that you can track, not the speed at which you move; that is determined by taijutsu specialty. Therefore, we both move at the same speed, having no skill in taijutsu. You can track higher speeds with the naked eye, but with my sharingan I can even track speeds well above those which you can track, lul. In no way does the weaponry specialty determine the speed at which your body moves.

On another note, I see that I have to say it again, I have not been one posted here. I have not yet reacted to your attack, and, seeing as there are countless ways to counter and avoid your attack, even if I needed to make another post, you'd end up getting rekt. This argument is not about me getting one posted, as that isn't plausible at this point in time, it's about whether I even need to make a second post, seeing that in any logical world my first post reks you.
Back to top Go down
Gambaldi
Genin
Genin
Gambaldi

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Showdown   Earthbound Showdown Empty3/26/2014, 7:40 pm

Lolyes. So what your telling me is, I am unallowed to prepare for and obvious attack. Well unless a staff member tells me this, you save whatever else you have to say. My char isnt dumb, nor one to hesitate. He knows someone is moving out the corner of his eye and body flicker does not take long for one to move. Timing alone would put you stopping just as I finished. And since its a single sign, raising my hands immediately when I saw something "fast" pass me, is fairly logically. You can dress it up however you want, but you've been caught slipping. Once again your entire post was based on the hope of distraction, well it didnt work. My character is the type to acknowledge even slight movement, he is the type that thinks on his toes with no hesitation (more so if his brothers life is on the line). You cannot track me, you cannot hear me, you came out immediately weaving hand signs (which wad interrupted by my attack so there never was a genjutdu to speak of), I am naturally faster than you (in addition to Iaido which is already a fast attack to begin with), and at best you saw me vanish just as you stopped.
And since a normal person (cause I dont assume and gmod peoples reactions) would be shocked from being attacked only a second after noticing me vanish, me killing you is quite logical. Even still, my post left room for doubt, hence his need to stay alert (added that in incase you try to suggest some other nonsense).

Im done with this conversation, if you will insist on this lame attempt at subtle g-modding then we will not be agreeing anytime soon. You can call this a draw or your death, Im done posting about this unless someone other than you, Hayato, or I resolve it. As far as I am concerned you failed to one post me, and got killed for it. Try that word manip. crap on someone else, homie.
Back to top Go down
Judge Holden
Banned
Banned
Judge Holden

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Showdown   Earthbound Showdown Empty3/26/2014, 7:46 pm

Lolyou'restraightupretarded"homie". For one, you didn't manipulate shit, you just shat out a body flicker to avoid an inevitable death. Pls, spam moar.

But you clearly don't get it. I'm not talking about "preparing" or "being on guard" or however you want to describe it, I'm talking about you literally knowing where I'm going to stop in my body flicker, while I'm in my body flicker, and body flickering behind the point where you somehow know  I'm going to stop before I even come out of my body flicker. Like I said, I could just kill you in another post, but I clearly won in my first, so I will not post IC again. By no means have you won; it's just silly that you cling to your pride this desperately when you have clearly been defeated. Nottomentionthatyouusedtwocharacters,yeah,Iknowyou'rehayato*coughcough*.

You also clearly ignored the part where I stated, in my previous post, that our speeds our equal. You also ignored everything I said about hand seal speed and specialties and such. In addition, you ignored the part where I stated that my sharingan can, indeed, track your body flicker, and even speeds far above it. It seems you ignored everything. And no, my post was not based solely on distraction, lul, which is clear to see as 2 out of my 3 attacks are frontal. You did not simply 'react' in a  conventional manner when you saw someone running past you, nor did you simply 'prepare', but you literally performed a body flicker to the exact spot where I stopped, performing the hand seal to do so, and thus setting up the technique while I was still moving. You also state moving behind me just as I, myself, stop. I will say it again: your timeline is fucked. You cannot see the future,  and thus you cannot see where Boone will stop moving and where he will end up, and thus your attack is invalid. Sosilly.

My simply body flickering past you does not, in any way, give you a way to know where I'm going to stop. How do you not see this? You see someone running past you at high speeds, and perform a body flicker to the point behind where that running person is going to stop before he even gets there. That's prophetic shit or something. Unless your character has the ability to tell the future, it's simply invalid. If you'd like to continue to fight logic, then please, keep telling yourself that you won. Though, I'll warn you, you cannot fool yourself forever son. Peanut
Back to top Go down
Gambaldi
Genin
Genin
Gambaldi

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Showdown   Earthbound Showdown Empty3/26/2014, 7:55 pm

I lied(last post for real this time). Cool This is my win, say what you want, fooly.
Back to top Go down
Judge Holden
Banned
Banned
Judge Holden

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Showdown   Earthbound Showdown Empty3/26/2014, 8:00 pm

Gembolda wrote:
Suddenly, Gambaldi would catch movement running past Hayato and himself out the corner of his left eye, coming up the center. Bingo, he thought as he weaved a single hand sign, a ram.

There would be no hesitation, in his movements since he already had a plan in case of an ambush. Which was, kill the enemy before they can get a chance to finish getting in position. The instant the foe stopped, Gambaldi was already moving at high speeds, so fast it seemed as if he teleported, to catch his foe unawares.

Laughing

Kay, unless you can find anyone else that considers this valid, and affirms your character's innate ability to predict the future and know where Boone is going to stop, you'll be celebrating your victory alone. Though, I truly am happy that you finally found something you can take pride in, even if you are lying to yourself. If your conscience can handle that burden, then I really think that's a good thing for you. While in actuality you got rekt in like three different ways, all that really matters is that you believe in yourself, even if that is through deluding yourself that you won. Really, I think that is a beautiful thing.
Back to top Go down
The Queen
Hokage
Hokage
The Queen

Number of posts : 570
Village : Konohagakure
Bloodline : Sharingan
Registration date : 2007-03-12

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Konohagakure
Elemental Mastery: Fire, Water

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Showdown   Earthbound Showdown Empty3/27/2014, 3:20 am

[Not Making a ruling, just posting a correction on parts, for consistency.]

Ataku is wrong in that, all ninjutsu (stated again) require handsigns. Implicit or Explicit. Such information is found on every page of the ninjutsu information. [Five Elements, + 1 non-element page, also I stated it in a few other locations.]

Spoiler:

Body Flicker is a linear path, it doesn't curve or traverse in sections. (Go five meters west, then 5 meters south) its a singular movement in a specific direction, in a direct line.
Back to top Go down
Othello

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Showdown   Earthbound Showdown Empty3/27/2014, 8:14 am

lolnoit'snot
Back to top Go down
The Big Bad
Genin
Genin
The Big Bad

Number of posts : 521
Village : Sandy Vagina
Bloodline : Tofu
Registration date : 2014-02-05

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Showdown   Earthbound Showdown Empty3/27/2014, 8:46 am

Body Flicker is a linear path, it doesn't curve or traverse in sections. (Go five meters west, then 5 meters south) its a singular movement in a specific direction, in a direct line.

it is
Back to top Go down
Othello

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Showdown   Earthbound Showdown Empty3/27/2014, 11:47 am

Notrly, as it was seen being used to travel immense distances around obstacles and such. That's simply not true, and it isn't even stated on the wiki. It's used to get from point A to point B, for one movement, but the direction doesn't matter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Showdown   Earthbound Showdown Empty

Back to top Go down

Earthbound Showdown
Page 1 of 1