The Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to TNRPG! We hope you will enjoy your stay!
Our rebirth is only through your continued support, thank you.

Body Replacement Technique

Go down 
+10
Joker
Cidolfus Demen Kirishiki
Hayato
Amatsu Qilin
Yoshitsune - Minoru
Lokifur Khaddaoui
Yuuka
Naga Kazumi
Chinou
Mouse
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mouse
Genin
Genin
Mouse

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2014-03-06

Body Replacement Technique Empty
PostSubject: Body Replacement Technique   Body Replacement Technique Empty3/22/2014, 12:07 pm

Mouse would like to point out the fallacy in this technique, in that it is not FTG. It is a E/D rank. Mouse suggests that this technique be clarified to avoid FTG type abuse in the future. Assuming FTG is banned here.

Such a clarification would be like so

Replacement is not a FTG type attack. It is a transformation type technique applied before hand on an object to mislead an opponent. It does not switch your position with a random log behind people.
Back to top Go down
Chinou
Genin
Genin
Chinou

Number of posts : 133

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Iwagakure
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Body Replacement Technique   Body Replacement Technique Empty3/22/2014, 12:23 pm

Broscience, meet wiki.

"With this technique, users replace their own body with some other object, generally with a block of wood, the moment an attack lands. This creates an optical illusion, making the enemy think the attack was successful. From this, the user can use the lapse in the enemy's attention to attack or flee from the battlefield. Explosive tags can be attached to the replacement for an added surprise. It's a basic ninjutsu even taught at the Academy, but it's a useful art that can be applied in variety of situations. "

This is all my argument.
Back to top Go down
Naga Kazumi
Genin
Genin

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2014-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Body Replacement Technique   Body Replacement Technique Empty3/22/2014, 12:29 pm

Mouse would also like to point out its an E rank jutsu - with the power to be abused like FTG. As it stands, there is no description of how fast it works. Mouse wants to point out the fallacy of this technique... if it is so great, why is it not used that much in higher level ninja battles? Mouse notes that the most recent uses of this technique are naruto replacing himself with a clone in the confusion of battle. This is Mouse's Concern.
Back to top Go down
Yuuka
Jin
Jin
Yuuka

Number of posts : 300
Village : Konoha
Bloodline : None
Registration date : 2014-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Body Replacement Technique   Body Replacement Technique Empty3/22/2014, 12:33 pm

FTG is closer to teleporting .___.
you could be in a Kumo thread and then instantly jump to a Kiri thread while also stopping by at Konoha was some ramen....

It's substitution Jutsu right? Yeah, that's close distance and not quiet the flashy flash flash...flash... stop saying flash >__> flash
Back to top Go down
Chinou
Genin
Genin
Chinou

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Body Replacement Technique   Body Replacement Technique Empty3/22/2014, 12:46 pm

Back to top Go down
Naga Kazumi
Genin
Genin

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2014-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Body Replacement Technique   Body Replacement Technique Empty3/22/2014, 1:10 pm

Mouse isn't arguing the wiki or the technique - Mouse just wants the clarification that this technique isn't an auto avoid, like FTG style. Replacment jutsu is a preplanned set up.
Back to top Go down
Chinou
Genin
Genin
Chinou

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Body Replacement Technique   Body Replacement Technique Empty3/22/2014, 1:13 pm

Obviously not since it needs hand signs.
Back to top Go down
Lokifur Khaddaoui
Genin
Genin
Lokifur Khaddaoui

Number of posts : 330
Village : Takigakure
Registration date : 2009-12-23

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Takigakure
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Body Replacement Technique   Body Replacement Technique Empty3/22/2014, 2:42 pm

It's misdirection. Please read wiki more closely. It's obviously not teleportation.
Back to top Go down
Yoshitsune - Minoru
Genin
Genin
Yoshitsune - Minoru

Number of posts : 434
Village : Konohagakure no Sato
Job/hobbies : N/A
Bloodline : N/A
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Ninja Profile
Jutsus: Link in signature.
Alliegance: Konohagakure
Elemental Mastery: Raiton

PostSubject: Re: Body Replacement Technique   Body Replacement Technique Empty3/27/2014, 10:30 am

basically it is a subtle illusion/transformation that disguises your pulling out the prepared log and then high-tailing it out of there.

To use it you OBVIOUSLY need to be able to get out of the attack on your own somehow.

BUT! seeing how this technique was intended as nothing more than a gag-ability from the start of the series, I dunno, let's go with transformation + dodge + some other bullshit that you still need to dodge the attack in order to do so?
Back to top Go down
Amatsu Qilin
Otokage
Otokage
Amatsu Qilin

Number of posts : 341
Village : Otogakure
Bloodline : Uchiha
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Otogakure
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Body Replacement Technique   Body Replacement Technique Empty3/27/2014, 10:44 am

It was always understood or at least a general rule of thumb on most rp sites that Body replacement was a shunshin style(high speed/maybe tier one) technique replacement. The prereqs were usually the replacement item had to be preset and generally around the users size. There also had to be some type of lap in the oppositions attention span prior to the replacement such as a distraction, smoke screen, etc etc. I've dealt with this a few times so just giving my two cents.
Back to top Go down
Hayato
Genin
Genin
Hayato

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2014-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Body Replacement Technique   Body Replacement Technique Empty3/27/2014, 11:00 am

Yoshitsune - Minoru wrote:
basically it is a subtle illusion/transformation that disguises your pulling out the prepared log and then high-tailing it out of there.

To use it you OBVIOUSLY need to be able to get out of the attack on your own somehow.
Just throwing this out there, there was no way in hell Sasuke could've avoided getting blown up without literally warping his position with that of another object (in this case, a log). Just watch from 4:00 into the video and you'll see where i'm coming from
Back to top Go down
Cidolfus Demen Kirishiki
Chuunin
Chuunin
Cidolfus Demen Kirishiki

Number of posts : 958
Job/hobbies : SHINOBI
Bloodline : Kamagan
Registration date : 2010-07-02

Ninja Profile
Jutsus: // Unknown //
Alliegance: Konohagakure
Elemental Mastery: // Fūton // Suiton //

PostSubject: Re: Body Replacement Technique   Body Replacement Technique Empty3/27/2014, 11:11 am

I got a better example.

SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS.

Back to top Go down
Amatsu Qilin
Otokage
Otokage
Amatsu Qilin

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Body Replacement Technique   Body Replacement Technique Empty3/27/2014, 11:16 am

1. Lapse in attention span
2. Shunshin speed would have sufficed
3. Log about his/her size
Back to top Go down
Joker
Chuunin
Chuunin
Joker

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2014-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Body Replacement Technique   Body Replacement Technique Empty3/27/2014, 11:25 am

frm what I see, we allow the replacement with anything we pre-set, doesn't have to be our size.
Back to top Go down
Amatsu Qilin
Otokage
Otokage
Amatsu Qilin

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Body Replacement Technique   Body Replacement Technique Empty3/27/2014, 11:45 am

I'm just saying the general rule of thumb. If you look at any of the manga/Anime it is usually the same size item so the optical illusion is a bit more real. Hard to convince someone a Kunai is a human sized person. They tell you exactly how the jutsu works during the original "Bell Test" Kakashi has with his team I'm just too lazy to look for it. If I am wrong let me know but I have never seen a switch with something smaller than the actual person.
Back to top Go down
Chinou
Genin
Genin
Chinou

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Body Replacement Technique   Body Replacement Technique Empty3/27/2014, 11:58 am

The technique doesn't specify the object has to be the same size.

The use of the log was simply:

Quote :
With this technique, users replace their own body with some other object, generally with a block of wood, the moment an attack lands

a general use, nothing more
Back to top Go down
Amatsu Qilin
Otokage
Otokage
Amatsu Qilin

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Body Replacement Technique   Body Replacement Technique Empty3/27/2014, 12:04 pm

Again....I'm not saying it is right or wrong. I'm stating what is the norm based on canon observation. What you guys decide to do here is whatever. But if someone switches with something smaller than themselves IC it is an optical Illusion failure to the highest degree and I'm going to call them on it.
Back to top Go down
Jushiro
Jounin
Jounin
Jushiro

Number of posts : 468
Bloodline : Byakugan
Registration date : 2014-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Body Replacement Technique   Body Replacement Technique Empty3/27/2014, 1:21 pm

You do realize people have switched themselves with a dead rabbit before, right? I believe Zabusa did it. The size of the object shouldn't be that much of a big deal really. But what people need to make sure of, is that it was prepared before hand. The Jutsu is simple, but quite complex. Its all about misleading the opponent. Heck, remember Akamaru's exploding puppet trick? That is simply a Kawarimi Jutsu. The object(s) this time round being Kunai blades laced with exploding tags.

But to make it clear. Its not FTG or anywhere near it. Its not even Shunshin speed if you really think about it. But it may seem like it, especially if the person using it is well prepared.
Back to top Go down
Amatsu Qilin
Otokage
Otokage
Amatsu Qilin

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Body Replacement Technique   Body Replacement Technique Empty3/27/2014, 1:52 pm

http://tune.pk/video/281501/Naruto-Sasuke-amp-Sakura-VS-Kakashi-Bell-Test-Full-Fight

I think it explains around 11:14

The reason that it is the norm to use human sized objects is because on the battlefield where there all kind of objects being thrown around(I.e. Shurikan, Kunai etc) you can potentially sub all day. Any of the items thrown out throughout the course of the topic could be considered pre-set. But no I don't remember a dead rabbit....
Back to top Go down
Jushiro
Jounin
Jounin
Jushiro

Number of posts : 468
Bloodline : Byakugan
Registration date : 2014-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Body Replacement Technique   Body Replacement Technique Empty3/27/2014, 2:18 pm

Are you speaking in context of what you think should be the norm on the site? Or are you making a canon observation? And Lol. This is the first time I've seen the Body Replacement technique getting so much attention on a site. Also, I do believe there is a rule that states all Ninjutsu requires hand seals. The Kawarimi uses up to 4 hand seals I believe. A truly observant fighter, should be able to tell what is about to happen, should someone try to "sub all day".
Back to top Go down
Hisoka™
Genin
Genin
Hisoka™

Number of posts : 143
Village : Takigakure
Registration date : 2014-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Body Replacement Technique   Body Replacement Technique Empty3/27/2014, 2:57 pm

The logs have never been anywhere near the size of the ppl who used them unless you count the genin using it..
Back to top Go down
Amatsu Qilin
Otokage
Otokage
Amatsu Qilin

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Body Replacement Technique   Body Replacement Technique Empty3/27/2014, 4:00 pm

It's an observation....I keep telling peeps that lol. It's what a lot of sites I have been on have used. 2Sock every video that has been shown the logs/clones have been human sized, even the tentacle B used if I remember correctly was huge. Once again though, it was a suggestion based on an observation....not a confirmation on canon law.....Hand signs are cool, so is being observant...but you get someone with Mastered or Mastered+(can whip out handsigns quickly) who can create a little distance between them and their opponent and for basically 0 chakra they can warp around the field if there are enough projectiles. Virtually a get out of Jail free card for any ranged attack or one that requires and opponent to close the distance.
Back to top Go down
Elixar Takoyaiba
Jounin
Jounin
Elixar Takoyaiba

Number of posts : 440
Village : Kumogakure
Bloodline : Takoyaiba (Yotsuki)
Registration date : 2009-12-22

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Kumogakure
Elemental Mastery: Lightning, Water, Storm

PostSubject: Re: Body Replacement Technique   Body Replacement Technique Empty3/27/2014, 5:00 pm

Amatsu, you don't need to keep defending your point, we get that its just a canon observation xD
But in terms of keep replacing out of everything. Just slap a 3 replacements per topic and that's sorted, one of the site's iterations had a 1 per fight usage I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Chinou
Genin
Genin
Chinou

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Body Replacement Technique   Body Replacement Technique Empty3/27/2014, 11:24 pm

Elixar Takoyaiba wrote:
Amatsu, you don't need to keep defending your point, we get that its just a canon observation xD
But in terms of keep replacing out of everything. Just slap a 3 replacements per topic and that's sorted, one of the site's iterations had a 1 per fight usage I'm sure.

This. Old TNRPG actually had it to one per topic, because of the possibility of its abuse. And there was abuse... lots of it, haha. But yeah, three per topic seems reasonable. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caelus
Genin
Genin
Caelus

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2014-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Body Replacement Technique   Body Replacement Technique Empty3/28/2014, 5:36 am

This really a topic? I agree with Elixar. Just slap a limit on it and we can go back to our fascinating lives.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Body Replacement Technique   Body Replacement Technique Empty

Back to top Go down

Body Replacement Technique
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next