The Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to TNRPG! We hope you will enjoy your stay!
Our rebirth is only through your continued support, thank you.

Combat Etiquette with Mechanics

Go down 
+6
Yuuka
The Big Bad
Lokifur Khaddaoui
Corey
Cidolfus Demen Kirishiki
Yuriko Uchiha
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Yuriko Uchiha
Genin
Genin
Yuriko Uchiha

Number of posts : 69
Village : Konohagakure
Bloodline : Uchiha
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Ninja Profile
Jutsus: Katon: Great Fireball Jutsu, Genjutsu Sharingan, Chakra Scalpel, Body Flicker, Genjutsu Binding, Mystical Palm, Delicate Illness Extraction
Alliegance: Konohagakure
Elemental Mastery: Katon

Combat Etiquette with Mechanics Empty
PostSubject: Combat Etiquette with Mechanics   Combat Etiquette with Mechanics Empty2/22/2014, 9:08 am

Hi there, it's your friendly neighborhood Seia! Today I have a suggestion regarding Combat Etiquette. I think everyone should keep up with their CR and post it at the bottom of their posts, keeping up with their chakra and what techniques they've used, including continuous ones for upkeep. For an example of what I mean..here...

Quote :
Yuriko had already decided she would not start the fight. She never did, unless there was a reason for doing so, and so far, there hadn't been, other than practice at ambushing, but no more than that. The girl would watch as the Hyuuga man lept down from the tree branch and onto the ground. He would first speak, calmly and rather casually, if not a bit friendly. First thing he asked, was why Shika was being so hostile with that kunai of his, and he remarked that her new friend was rather rude. Yuriko couldn't contest that, hell, the guy had fallen out of nowhere and pinned her down earlier, she thought, wanting to laugh, but holding it back.

The Hyuuga man seemed rather pleasant after all, as he introduced himself as Hyuuga Nailo of Konoha, and stated he'd like to have an honorable spar, addressing Yuriko if she would like to test her flames against his palms, and then towards the Takoyaiba, to test his kunai against his body. Directly after this, the man would go into a fighting stance, and stay like that, then added, '"Who will make the first move?"

Yuriko had wished that she could have also stated her name to the Hyuuga, and accepted his challenge more formally, but, Takoyaiba-San had different views it seems, as he shouted out that he'd be the first to attack. he went right into action, forming the cross-like hand seal with his hands, and channeling his chakra, and from here, he created successfully, two Kage Bunshin. Nice. Yuriko only hoped he knew what he was getting into. The Hyuuga's hand to hand combat and Byakkugan were not something to take lightly!

After this, once more, Shikamaru gave Yuriko orders, as if he were anyone special to boss her around. Still, Yuriko knew that to take him down would mean they'd need team work. She also knew, it was better not to get too close to him. So, Yuriko would simply make the sound, "Mhm.", and she'd dash to the side, staying about 30 meters away from the Hyuuga, though she dashed to one side of the Hyuuga, his right, while the first clone of Shikamaru rushed forward, and jumped over the Hyuuga's head, or at least would attempt to do so. To try and make sure this happened, Yuriko quickly made the kata [hand seals] with her hands...Horse.Snake,Ram,Monkey,Boar,Horse,Tiger! She pulled in a deep breath of air, channeled her chakra from her lungs and into her throat and transformed it into the fire nature, and she'd place two fingers around her lips while she exhaled, sending a large ball of flame hurtling towards the Hyuuga, aiming for his body, centered, from his right. Now, Yuriko would wait to see what would happen next, and hoped that Shikamaru would do what she was hoping he would do.

Used- Katon: Gōkakyū no Jutsu (-5 CR [Ninjutsu Sub-Spec. halves cost.)

Active- Sharingan tomoe two (-10 CR for Upkeep [every two posts. This is my 2nd post.)

CR= 155/170

I think it's common courtesy as well, for others involved to know what tehcniques were used in this manner as well, so that no one will have any confusion on what was used, or it's allowed or not. i think this also will stop abuse from happening, and helps avoid arguments.

Comments please. :3  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Cidolfus Demen Kirishiki
Chuunin
Chuunin
Cidolfus Demen Kirishiki

Number of posts : 958
Village : Konoha
Job/hobbies : SHINOBI
Bloodline : Kamagan
Registration date : 2010-07-02

Ninja Profile
Jutsus: // Unknown //
Elemental Mastery: // Fūton // Suiton //

PostSubject: Re: Combat Etiquette with Mechanics   Combat Etiquette with Mechanics Empty2/22/2014, 10:17 am

I agree.

This is a site with a CR system so it is a hustle if you gotta keep tabs on your opponents chakra as well as yours.

It is a must, since your foe might try to use more CR than he has (intentionally or unintentionally, since if he isn't keeping tabs on it, he might miscalculate).

Idc about jutsus and such, since that gives someone an easy way to metagame.

Just put like

300 - 10 (B-Ranked jutsu/halved due to Nin spec) = 290 to go.

It makes shit a lot easier.
Back to top Go down
Corey
Genin
Genin
Corey

Number of posts : 46
Bloodline : Hyuuga
Registration date : 2007-06-01

Ninja Profile
Jutsus: Eight Trigrams 64 Palm Protection, Gentle Fist, Eight Trigrams Palm Revolving Heaven, Eight Trigrams 32 Palms, Eight Trigrams 64 Palms, Replacement, Transformation, Clone, Leaf Rising Wind, Leaf Hurricane, Lion Combo, Chakra Scalpel
Elemental Mastery: Suiton

PostSubject: Re: Combat Etiquette with Mechanics   Combat Etiquette with Mechanics Empty2/22/2014, 12:02 pm

I really like the idea personally
Back to top Go down
Lokifur Khaddaoui
Genin
Genin
Lokifur Khaddaoui

Number of posts : 330
Village : Takigakure
Registration date : 2009-12-23

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Takigakure
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Combat Etiquette with Mechanics   Combat Etiquette with Mechanics Empty2/22/2014, 12:59 pm

It's metagaming both ways and you shouldn't be relying on chakra amounts left to win fights. That's just my opinion, though. I wouldn't mind having it be every 5 posts or so that an opponent shows how much chakra they have left.
Back to top Go down
The Big Bad
Genin
Genin
The Big Bad

Number of posts : 521
Village : Sandy Vagina
Bloodline : Tofu
Registration date : 2014-02-05

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Sunagakure
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Combat Etiquette with Mechanics   Combat Etiquette with Mechanics Empty2/22/2014, 1:12 pm

Lokifur Khaddaoui wrote:
It's metagaming both ways

Yeah, I agree

I think that it shouldn't be a must but if you think it's unfair you can check it yourself anyways.
Back to top Go down
Yuuka
Jin
Jin
Yuuka

Number of posts : 300
Bloodline : None
Registration date : 2014-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Combat Etiquette with Mechanics   Combat Etiquette with Mechanics Empty2/22/2014, 2:01 pm

I have yet to see a fight where someone loses because they no longer have any chakra left :p
Back to top Go down
Yuriko Uchiha
Genin
Genin
Yuriko Uchiha

Ninja Profile
Jutsus: Katon: Great Fireball Jutsu, Genjutsu Sharingan, Chakra Scalpel, Body Flicker, Genjutsu Binding, Mystical Palm, Delicate Illness Extraction

PostSubject: Re: Combat Etiquette with Mechanics   Combat Etiquette with Mechanics Empty2/22/2014, 2:09 pm

It's not about meta-gaming, or about seeing who has the most chakra wins...you guys are silly. It's about keeping up with your math, like Cid said, this is a site where you keep tabs on you must keep up with your remaining chakra points. So, it's just fair if you post how much you have, making it less of a hassle, and the jutsu statement, so no one gets confused about what the hell just happened (but I guess that can be optional, so just the rank and the cost should be fine.) If you haven't been on a site where these thngs are practiced, I can understand you might think it's cheating, but I have been on sites where you need to keep tabs on it, and like stated it's courteos. It's etiquette. It's fairness.
Back to top Go down
Lokifur Khaddaoui
Genin
Genin
Lokifur Khaddaoui

Number of posts : 330
Village : Takigakure
Registration date : 2009-12-23

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Takigakure
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Combat Etiquette with Mechanics   Combat Etiquette with Mechanics Empty2/22/2014, 2:15 pm

Going to say nah.
Back to top Go down
Cidolfus Demen Kirishiki
Chuunin
Chuunin
Cidolfus Demen Kirishiki

Number of posts : 958
Job/hobbies : SHINOBI
Bloodline : Kamagan
Registration date : 2010-07-02

Ninja Profile
Jutsus: // Unknown //
Elemental Mastery: // Fūton // Suiton //

PostSubject: Re: Combat Etiquette with Mechanics   Combat Etiquette with Mechanics Empty2/22/2014, 2:19 pm

How exactly can you abuse the knowledge of knowing how much your opponent has chakra left?

Metagame is USING OOC knowledge IC.

Knowing something and not using it IC is not metagame, especially if it is info that can't really help you in a fight.

I mean, knowing that your opponent is really low on chakra is something you can tell already (check the chakra system, if the foe is low on chakra they exhibit signs of tiredness) unless your opponent cheats and hence why this would be rather helpful.

I just don't see a significant way for this to be abused.
Back to top Go down
The Big Bad
Genin
Genin
The Big Bad

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Combat Etiquette with Mechanics   Combat Etiquette with Mechanics Empty2/22/2014, 3:38 pm

There are signs of exhaustion after you reach a certain point in your chakra capacity, but how can you know the capacity of another shinobi if you're not a sensor. Although fights in which one party uses all of his chakra is a rarity, like Yuuka mentioned, in cases where it occurs you may change your tactics in order for your foe to run out of chakra. Of course there is no way of actually stopping someone who just checked someone elses update thread for chakra info but there is no need to encourage that.

Things being used on other sites doesn't mean they are the way to go. They consider it fairness? Fine, but we're not them. Also stating at the end of your posts what jutsu you used to avoid confusion is also a bad argument. Canon there isn't a name tag attached to every jutsu so Naruto knows exactly pros and cons of every Kakashi's move. He knows what he sees. If your actions are clearly described your opponent will know exactly what's happening and if you're being a dick and going for vague-style that's gonna get abused and manipulated by your opponent and will eventually bite you in the ass.
Back to top Go down
Yuuka
Jin
Jin
Yuuka

PostSubject: Re: Combat Etiquette with Mechanics   Combat Etiquette with Mechanics Empty2/22/2014, 4:44 pm

Keep your own private tabs lol. Over use of Chakra can be dealt with OOC. Everyone is responsible for keeping their own Chakra Tabs in check. If you mess up you mess up. I don't like how Yuriko (with intention or without) depicts Role players who do not keep check as role players without any manners. I've come from a community that doesn't keep tab or such nor state which technique was used. Confusions can be cleared out through communication. I don't think someone who is out to kill another would tell them how exactly it is going to happen unless you are enjoying a spar. I'm pretty sure fairness in RP sites comes when grading powers on a global standard. Yeah..... I don't think this should be a rule or some practise that should be implemented.
Back to top Go down
The Queen
Hokage
Hokage
The Queen

Number of posts : 570
Bloodline : Sharingan
Registration date : 2007-03-12

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Elemental Mastery: Fire, Water

PostSubject: Re: Combat Etiquette with Mechanics   Combat Etiquette with Mechanics Empty2/22/2014, 6:41 pm

Every 5-10 posts doesn't seem bad at all
Back to top Go down
Judge Holden
Banned
Banned
Judge Holden

Number of posts : 428
Village : Sunagakure no Sato
Job/hobbies : -
Bloodline : Sharingan - Tomoe 3
Registration date : 2014-02-04

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:

PostSubject: Re: Combat Etiquette with Mechanics   Combat Etiquette with Mechanics Empty2/22/2014, 6:46 pm

I say no to the stating your techniques used thing. I've always hated that.
Back to top Go down
The Queen
Hokage
Hokage
The Queen

Number of posts : 570
Bloodline : Sharingan
Registration date : 2007-03-12

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Elemental Mastery: Fire, Water

PostSubject: Re: Combat Etiquette with Mechanics   Combat Etiquette with Mechanics Empty2/22/2014, 6:51 pm

I also dislike stating the jutsu. If there is any confusion, we have conflict resolutions for such things
Back to top Go down
Corey
Genin
Genin
Corey

Number of posts : 46
Bloodline : Hyuuga
Registration date : 2007-06-01

Ninja Profile
Jutsus: Eight Trigrams 64 Palm Protection, Gentle Fist, Eight Trigrams Palm Revolving Heaven, Eight Trigrams 32 Palms, Eight Trigrams 64 Palms, Replacement, Transformation, Clone, Leaf Rising Wind, Leaf Hurricane, Lion Combo, Chakra Scalpel
Elemental Mastery: Suiton

PostSubject: Re: Combat Etiquette with Mechanics   Combat Etiquette with Mechanics Empty2/22/2014, 10:56 pm

okay, so stating jutsus is a no but posting CR remaining every few posts, let's say every 5 posts? That isn't such a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Yuriko Uchiha
Genin
Genin
Yuriko Uchiha

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: Combat Etiquette with Mechanics   Combat Etiquette with Mechanics Empty2/23/2014, 7:55 am

Ok. I don't want to start any arguments or anything. And I can assure you I am not a metagamer. Like someone else said, OOC info should not ever be used ICly. it's just I have seen many people be vague with their moves. Anywho at least we all pretty much agree keeping up with CR needs to be done. Thank you all.

PEACE OUT
Back to top Go down
The Big Bad
Genin
Genin
The Big Bad

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Combat Etiquette with Mechanics   Combat Etiquette with Mechanics Empty2/23/2014, 8:04 am

Nah, there is no fight. We're just discussing things, no one is calling you a metagamer, I can assure you.

So we're going with every 5 posts, I assume? Someone make it official.
Back to top Go down
Yuriko Uchiha
Genin
Genin
Yuriko Uchiha

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: Combat Etiquette with Mechanics   Combat Etiquette with Mechanics Empty2/23/2014, 9:47 am

*votes for this*
Back to top Go down
Elixar Takoyaiba
Jounin
Jounin
Elixar Takoyaiba

Number of posts : 440
Village : Kumogakure
Bloodline : Takoyaiba (Yotsuki)
Registration date : 2009-12-22

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Kumogakure
Elemental Mastery: Lightning, Water, Storm

PostSubject: Re: Combat Etiquette with Mechanics   Combat Etiquette with Mechanics Empty2/23/2014, 10:45 am

5 posts seems like a good gap
Back to top Go down
@ @ Mugen Heikou
Genin
Genin

Number of posts : 136
Village : Mack
Job/hobbies : Mack
Bloodline : Mack
Registration date : 2010-06-05

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Combat Etiquette with Mechanics   Combat Etiquette with Mechanics Empty2/23/2014, 12:00 pm

This should be optional with no repercussions
Getting a foul/technicality because you didn't remember to show how much CP you have after ____ posts?

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Going to say no on this being a "necessity."
Back to top Go down
Yuuka
Jin
Jin
Yuuka

PostSubject: Re: Combat Etiquette with Mechanics   Combat Etiquette with Mechanics Empty2/23/2014, 2:12 pm

Agreed with Mugen. You shouldn't be penalized but it would not be a bad thing to have something like a CR counter around the 5th post or such. Not an enforced rule.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Combat Etiquette with Mechanics   Combat Etiquette with Mechanics Empty

Back to top Go down

Combat Etiquette with Mechanics
Page 1 of 1