The Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to TNRPG! We hope you will enjoy your stay!
Our rebirth is only through your continued support, thank you.

[Flashback] The boy with the white saber

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ataku,Bijuu Daycare
Chuunin
Chuunin
Ataku,Bijuu Daycare

Number of posts : 1124
Village : Konohagakure
Bloodline : none
Registration date : 2007-06-02

Ninja Profile
Jutsus: Link in Signature
Alliegance: Konohagakure
Elemental Mastery: Fuuton

[Flashback] The boy with the white saber Empty
PostSubject: [Flashback] The boy with the white saber   [Flashback] The boy with the white saber Empty2/21/2014, 2:37 am

Before I went on a self-imposed exile to clear his mind and train his body, he was in the forests of Konohagakure mediating, when he heard the footsteps of someone coming his way. Breaking out his mediation, I turned his head to see this boy of about 12 with a samurai-style bun and a saber at his side. He could tell that the boy was not very social by the rigid movements he made as he walked up to me and started inspecting the scythe laid out in front of me.
After a closer inspection of the boy, I had noticed his eyes. I had seen that semi-blank look in his eyes way too much, it was the look for abandonment, he has seen it more than enough times while at the temple from the children brought in from the countless battles in the surrounding area. I turned my body toward him and streched out my hand for a handshake and said "I'm Ataku, Who are you and what brings you out to the depths of the forest?"
Back to top Go down
Yoshitsune - Minoru
Genin
Genin
Yoshitsune - Minoru

Number of posts : 434
Village : Konohagakure no Sato
Job/hobbies : N/A
Bloodline : N/A
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Ninja Profile
Jutsus: Link in signature.
Elemental Mastery: Raiton

PostSubject: Re: [Flashback] The boy with the white saber   [Flashback] The boy with the white saber Empty2/21/2014, 4:27 am

It was quiet and peaceful out here, but inside Yoshitsune's head the activity was reaching fever pitch. Images flashed through his optical center. Where these memories or were they something else? The image of this idyllic path through the forest flickered and shimmered as the headache he had been nursing since before he stepped outside of the village intensified. At times the image was as he thought he perceived reality, a nice and calm forest. In the next moment it was a raging inferno and he could feel the panic clamping tight to his chest, and then it was a scene of slaughter and mayhem as ninja either fought, screamed, lay dead or lay dying on the crater-ruined ground.

"...what brings you out to the depths of the forest?"

The voice startled Yoshitsune back into the now. The headache lowered in intensity, sinking back to a slow, dull thudding. Why was he here? "I... I don't know. I was following a vague feeling that I would find something if I went out this way." Yoshitsune looked at the outstretched hand for a while before it appeared as if his brain finally fired on all pistons again, or as if he had been a wheel-based vehicle with an internal engine and having spun in place for a while before the tire's finally gripped the ground beneath. Yoshitsune's right hand quickly extended and took the offered one from Ataku, shaking it lightly. "I'm sorry, I don't think we have met before, Ataku-senpai. My name is Yoshitsune Ren'un." The short genin looked around for a while after letting go of the hand. The scythe on the ground was very noticeable, but for now he didn't feel like pointing at the elephant in the room.

Small talk! That was a way to ass the time, or so he had been told. Now, what to small talk about? The silence almost began to approach uncomfortable length when Yoshitsune broke it.
"So if you would allow me to return the question, Ataku-senpai, why are you here in this deep forest?" The young man was likely Yoshitsune's senior when it came to being a ninja and as such Yoshitsune should treat him with the appropriate respect. or so he had been told.
Back to top Go down
Ataku,Bijuu Daycare
Chuunin
Chuunin
Ataku,Bijuu Daycare

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: [Flashback] The boy with the white saber   [Flashback] The boy with the white saber Empty2/21/2014, 11:31 pm

"Well its nice to meet you Yoshi-chan." As i stand up and dust myself off. "The reason why i'm this deep into the forest is because i can feel nature better here, with no-one around. I meditate in my spare time to clear my head." As i set my scythe on my back i ask "so, if you don't mind me asking, were you orphaned when you were young? I can see that kind of blank look in your eyes than i have seen too much before from orphans who were brought into our temple."
Back to top Go down
Yoshitsune - Minoru
Genin
Genin
Yoshitsune - Minoru

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: [Flashback] The boy with the white saber   [Flashback] The boy with the white saber Empty2/22/2014, 9:33 pm

It seemed like the two of them had very different views on meditation. Yoshitsune's experience with the practice had all been in connection with trying to access the parts of his memories that were missing, the parts from before he was six years old. "I have tried meditation but it never struck me as something you could use in such a manner." He pondered the possibility for a while. Yes, he could see how that would work. The task to first clear your mind of everything (which in Yoshitsune's experience was usually followed by focusing on a concept) would be very good for silencing trains of thought that could be running in he background and thus, in turn, either force them to a solution or a temporary halt until something called them to attention again.

The man in front of him was his senpai. He had been told that you could always come with your problems to your senpai, but seeing how this particular problem had been something that had already received a lot of attention from people both high and low on the ladder of rank he did not feel completely comfortable talking about it. Yoshitsune sighed.
"I have either lived at the orphanage or alone for as long as I can remember." Yoshitsune eyed the scythe appreciatively. He seemed to be mulling over something for a few seconds. "I had this when I was found and I was allowed to keep it, he finished while taking the sheathed tantō from behind his back and holding it, as if for others to inspect it briefly. Carefully holding it Yoshitsune would then attach the sheathed weapon to his waist by the left part of his sash.
Back to top Go down
Ataku,Bijuu Daycare
Chuunin
Chuunin
Ataku,Bijuu Daycare

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: [Flashback] The boy with the white saber   [Flashback] The boy with the white saber Empty2/22/2014, 11:51 pm

"Ah that is a nice blade." I then decide to do the same as him and spin my scythe out and place it in the ground in front of me. "Well i have free time right now, i would like to see that blade in action. So, how do you want to do this spar, first to make contact or stopping before you would have hit a vital spot or land a lethal blow?"
I take my battle stance in preparation for his answer and start sizing him up. The thing that concerns me the most is his weapon. I have seen swords like it before, but something feels off about it. The muscles in my arms tense for a second, i regain my composure and grip my blade steadily and remember my training at the temple. I steady my breathing and get ready, because i can tell by the look in his eyes he has potential and i can not underestimate it.
Back to top Go down
Yoshitsune - Minoru
Genin
Genin
Yoshitsune - Minoru

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: [Flashback] The boy with the white saber   [Flashback] The boy with the white saber Empty2/23/2014, 9:41 am

Yes, a very nice blade indeed. Yoshitsune could not help but get slightly absorbed in the intricacies of this straight tantō, the design of the guard, the feel of the wrapping, the marksmanship that had to have been invested in forging the blade. Not that the blade was visible right now, mind you. It was, after all, very poor form to have a weapon drawn when meeting a ninja that was of friendly allegiance.

Of a friendly allegiance and requesting a friendly spar? As in between one weapon user and another? An intriguing prospect. Ataku was clearly expecting him to answer the request with an immediate positive, or he would not have entered his battle stance so quickly afterwards. The distance between them was about 2-3 meters, a comfortable distance for conversation. Initiating battle, on the other hand...

The first order of business was to set the sheath in a desirable position, roughly the left hip should do nicely. And as easily as it was said it was done, the sheath for the Hakkō Chakura Tō was moved and attached to the sash so that it sat just below Yoshitsune's left hip. Secondly the distance was slightly too short, only 2.7 meters, but that would have to do. Securing his grip on the sheath Yoshitsune's stance lowered slightly.
"I think a spar to first blood might suffice, Ataku-senpai. We will obviously be stopping short of killing each other, receiving permanent or serious injuries and so on." It was common courtesy and sparring etiquette, or at least so he had been told. Sinking into his own battle stance Yoshitsune centered his mind. Maybe this was why he was here? "I believe that scythe will be a problem if I let him dictate the range of this engagement, only one solution to that."

More than likely something easier said than done, but going forward was the only option. Drawing his tanto with a swift motion he charged the short distance, aiming to cut the the upper hand holding the scythe and then push the "weaponized" farming implement out of the way with his left, unarmed hand.
Back to top Go down
Ataku,Bijuu Daycare
Chuunin
Chuunin
Ataku,Bijuu Daycare

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: [Flashback] The boy with the white saber   [Flashback] The boy with the white saber Empty2/24/2014, 11:48 pm

"A rush down?" I think as he starts charging forward at me. " well he has to get close if he wants to hit to hit me with that tanto. I just have to hit him with my scythe before he gets close enough in range to lunge at me deal a hit." I try to see where his eyes are moving to determine where he will aim on my body to strike.
I think about the natural weakness that scythe users face, getting in close and targeting the hands and how long it take the user to swing the weapon, while he eccels at getting in close with his tanto getting in some quick slashes and getting out just as fast. I need to keep this distance for now until i can see what he really can do. I decide there is something i can do to either force him to dodge and slow down or stop and block it. I wind up a large swing and slash the wait infront of me producing a blade of wind that is sent towards yoshi. "wind style :vacuum blade (120-40=80 CR remaining)
Back to top Go down
Yoshitsune - Minoru
Genin
Genin
Yoshitsune - Minoru

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: [Flashback] The boy with the white saber   [Flashback] The boy with the white saber Empty2/25/2014, 1:11 pm

At this distance the scythe had a definite reach advantage over the tantō, Yoshitsune was all too aware of this. He grimaced as Ataku reacted faster than he had anticipated, the other genin raising his scythe, wind beginning to surround the blade moments before it descended. "Damnation!" Yoshitsune's left foot came forward and to the right a bit farther than his other steps even as the slightly slanted vertical slash began its descent. Ataku's right hand was the topmost on the scythe, and thus the attack would come slightly from his right and terminate down by his left side. Yoshitsune had calculated this from the grip which was used to wield the scythe and acted accordingly. The now forward left leg was used as a pivot, allowing the younger teenager to curl under and spin out of the way of the wind powered slash.

Ideally this would let Yoshitsune slink to his left when spinning around the attack, something which would not doubt leave his back exposed for a moment. White light glowed around the tantō before Yoshitsune rose and brought up the wakizashi to guide the scythe away from its intended course. Doing so would push it further out towards Ataku's left and thus giving Yoshitsune more space to manoeuvre. Should this succeed Yoshitsune would use his still empty left hand to grab at the right arm of Ataku. If he could get even a slight grip, or just hinder the arms inevitable downward motion then it would be child's play to aim a quick slash at Ataku's mid section, if only deep enough to draw blood.
Back to top Go down
Ataku,Bijuu Daycare
Chuunin
Chuunin
Ataku,Bijuu Daycare

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: [Flashback] The boy with the white saber   [Flashback] The boy with the white saber Empty2/25/2014, 2:34 pm

As my Vacuum sword made it's way to yoshi, i notice he is almost in close enough range for my scythe to be near impossible to hit, good thing i used Hien-Flying Swallow(80CR-20CR= 60CR) on my scythe, but only a minute amount for now so it wouldn't be as noticeable.As Yoshi is sliding his way past my vacuum sword and i mutter to him "i knew he would use his height and momentum as an advantage to get out of it. It is always nice to be two steps ahead of your opponent." My swing met him as he swivels out of the projectile and he starts to raise his tanto to block my slash but something is off about it. It starts glowing white, this has to be a precursor to something.

I start to pump more chakra into the scythe increasing the length, width and thanks to fuuton element it gains some more offensive damage. and change the grip on my scythe to an overhand grip and say Cloud Style: Front Beheading (60CR-10CR=50CR) and slash diagonally down with a stronger velocity to either brute force the blade out of his hand and cut his arm slightly or stagger him long enough to spin kick him back to a ideal range.
Back to top Go down
Yoshitsune - Minoru
Genin
Genin
Yoshitsune - Minoru

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: [Flashback] The boy with the white saber   [Flashback] The boy with the white saber Empty2/26/2014, 11:07 pm

It would be close, and hopefully Yoshitsune could make it first. The scythe descended even as Yoshitsune's left and unarmed hand reached for the handle. The speed and strength behind the Omotegiri made it very hard to stop, and the increased width courtesy of the wind release Hien in turn made it hard to avoid. Yet Yoshitsune powered on, bringing his wakizashi away and inwards, lightly slicing into Ataku's stomach just as the scythe scratched over his shoulder. For a moment Yoshitsune felt elation while the adrenaline died down. His slash had been light, he knew he had drawn blood with it. A stinging sensation from his should told him that Ataku had scored a blooding hit in retaliation.

"Well, Ataku-senpai, it seems we are in a bit of a stalemate here, a bit of a draw," the younger man risking a wound stated, obviously referencing how the two of them scored blooding hits on each other at the same time. "Should we call this match?" Yoshtisune would ask once the scythe had been moved and he could once again move without it deepening or widening or lengthening the new wound on his shoulder. If it was agreed that this was indeed the end of the spar Yoshitsune would take a step back, dismiss the techniques currently affecting him and the white weapon, making the tantō return to actual tantō shape and size.
Back to top Go down
Ataku,Bijuu Daycare
Chuunin
Chuunin
Ataku,Bijuu Daycare

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: [Flashback] The boy with the white saber   [Flashback] The boy with the white saber Empty2/27/2014, 12:14 am

I look down at my stomach. Yep, he definitely got me, as a smirk comes across my face. This kid is really something special and that blade of his, the way it glowed white its not normal. The blade itself must hold some sort of special property. As i look up i see that Tenro cut slightly into his shoulder. "Hmm, I guess you are right. We will have to call it a draw from here. You are pretty strong Yoshi-kun. Keep training with that weapon of yours and you will go places as a swordsman and a ninja."

I draw my scythe back and spin the slight amount of blood off and holster it on my back and put my hand out again in to shake his hand. "How about we stop by the infirmary and get these cuts wrapped up and i treat you to some lunch. Does that sound good to you Yoshi-kun? I could go for something right now cause im feeling a bit exausted. I kinda pushed a bit too far with all the unnecessary jutsu. I'm surprised your blade is that strong enough to hold back a strike of that caliber. You were really impressive out there Yoshi. So, what do you say?"
Back to top Go down
Yoshitsune - Minoru
Genin
Genin
Yoshitsune - Minoru

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: [Flashback] The boy with the white saber   [Flashback] The boy with the white saber Empty3/2/2014, 8:33 pm

Yoshitsune winced slightly as Ataku withdrew his scythe from the wound. The action wasn't performed as carefully as the younger genin would have liked it to be but it was almost straight out the way it entered, if tilted slightly to the left. The blood that had stuck on the wakizashi suddenly clinged to nothing as the chakra construct was dispelled, dropping down to the ground on their own accord and leaving the double-edged tantō free of stains and dirt. Carefully readjusting his clothing slightly allowed Yoshitsune to let his left and injured arm hang freely and rest without straining his shoulder, something he was thankful for. He would probably have to break out his sewing kit once his injuries had been healed.

"I, I do think that is a good idea, Ataku-san." Ataku's praise was also something he had not been expecting. A slight, almost unnoticeable blush colored his cheeks. "Ahh, but you were also amazing, Ataku-san! I tried to fight by conserving myself but you went full stop right from the start, it was all I could do to force it to a draw!" And on a certain level it was true, Yoshitsune had at that moment been hard pressed to not lose the fight either by rules violation or by taking the first bloodying hit, stepping into the strike to make his own had been the only solution at that time. Sheathing his tantō Yoshitsune would walk to the infirmary together with Ataku, perhaps discussing weapons? Perhaps something else? The topic of conversation would not really matter (as long as it conformed to public decency), Yoshitsune would reservedly and calmly take part in the conversation with few words and a polite tone.

[Exit]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Flashback] The boy with the white saber   [Flashback] The boy with the white saber Empty

Back to top Go down

[Flashback] The boy with the white saber
Page 1 of 1